All the latest news, tournaments, results and ratings on the Malaysian Scrabble Scene.

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Leonard Wong Memorial Scrabble Tournament

Leonard Wong Memorial Scrabble Open Tournament
MSA-sanctioned and rated tournament

Money Back tournament (Entry Fee - Cost = Prize Pool)
Date: 20th to 21st August 2005 (Saturday & Sunday)
Venue: De La Salle Institute, Jalan Bukit Nanas
Time: Starts at 9am on both days (Registration opens at 8.30 am)
Rounds: at least 16 rounds (9 rounds on Saturday, 7 rounds on Sunday)

Format:
Division 1: Rated 1100 and above.
Division 2: Rated 1099
and below and newcomers.
Players may play up at the Tournament Director's discretion.

Dictionary: SOWPODS
Challenge:
Division 1: WSC 5-point challenge
Division 2: 5-point per turn challenge (2&3-letters wordlist provided)

Entry Fee:

  • RM60 for adults
  • RM30 for students
  • RM10 discount for entries received BEFORE 14 August 2005.
  • Walk-ins are welcomed on a first come first serve basis

Remarks: Please bring your own equipment (boards, racks, tiles & clock)

Interested participants please email your entry to Yeo Kien Hung at rhyen518@yahoo.co.uk or SMS your name and age to 012-688 1236 (Buggy handphone but it will received your SMS when I want it to)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I signed up for the LWMST though I had a prior important engagement because I wanted to remember my old friend. He passed away just days after e-mailing me in Australia to write a 4-verse poem for the proposed Ong Yeam Chim Memorial Tournament last year. He was extremely pleased with my poem and had intended to read it at OYCM Tourney. Alas, he did not make it and the tourney was cancelled.

I felt guilty that I did not make the effort to pen a similar tribute to Leonard Wong. I have a strong suspicion that this omission led to my record 10 losses in a row. LOL

My racks were unbelievably horrid throughout, especially in my games with the top players who took all the blanks and S's while I regularly had 4 of the same vowels and Q, C's or V's with them! The only time I had decent tiles was in Game 1, with Jocelyn. However, the 2 blanks I had caused me to lose time figuring out a bingo and cost me the game when I went overtime. What a punishment!

However, Gim Sai said I was probably saving my luck for our Genting visit on Monday. She was right.

R.I.P. Leonard Wong!

5:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home